E39Source maintains a YouTube channel, as well as an online blog. The more participants we have, the better the community becomes! We offer two ways for users to become part of our family:
Make a Video
E39Source’s YouTube channel already has many participants! If you own a BMW, any BMW, we’d love to have you be part of our channel. Most users start with an introduction video of his or her car. Give your viewers a walk-around tour of your vehicle. Common information can include, but is not limited to, year, model, engine, interior, condition, modifications, clubs, maintenance, future plans, etc. Make this your opportunity to introduce yourself, your car, where it has been, and where you plan to take it! Here’s how it works:
- Film your video. Please try to use a camera of respectable quality in good lighting conditions. Camera work is important. Film in landscape mode only please. 720p HD or higher is preferred.
- Upload your video to your own personal YouTube channel. Under the Advanced Settings tab of the upload window, find the License and Rights Ownership drop-down box. Be sure to select Creative Commons – Attribution instead of Standard YouTube License.
- Do not allow YouTube to use the “stabilization” feature after you upload. This makes the video very wavy looking.
- Use the form at the bottom of this page to send us an email. Say hi, let us know that you’ve decided to be a part of E39Source! Don’t forget to include a link to your video, and please give us permission to upload your content on E39Source.
- We’ll reply to your email within 24 hours. Your video, if approved, will be live within 48 hours. *Videos may not be approved if the quality is unacceptable, such as being filmed in sub 720p resolution, portrait mode or in the middle of the night without adequate lighting. We will also not approve videos that are not uploaded using the Creative Commons – Attribution license type.
- See what E39Source’s audience has to say about your car! However, take this with a grain of salt. YouTube people can be quite nasty. Just remember that they’re still living in their parents basement wishing for a Saturn Ion for Christmas.
Once you’ve started, we’d love to see you continue to post content for E39Source. Perhaps a DIY tutorial video, or an update on the car every now and then. The community on these cars is huge, and we think you’ll enjoy being a part of it as much as we do. If you have any questions about this process, please utilize our contact page to get in touch with us!
Write a Post
Should video not be your thing, you’re more then welcome to become part of the blog! You can write an introduction post, and/or create DIY tutorial style articles regarding anything BMW related. Introduction posts are added to the “The Family” tab at the top of E39Source.com.
You can sign-up using this form, approval is done in less than 24 hours. Any questions or concerns can be addressed by using the contact form below!
Use the below form to inform us when you have created a video to share with E39Source!